[tkined] tkined questions

From: Nigel R. Armfield (N.R.Armfield@its.uq.edu.au)
Date: Fri Feb 02 2001 - 03:06:31 MET

Hi,

I have a couple of questions that I hope you can help me with:

Firstly, is it possible to start tkined in 'read only' mode, whereby
the user cannot perform editting operations but rather only view ?
(obviously protecting the map file so that they cannot write any
results is one option).

Secondly (and I guess the answer is no due to the architecture),
is there any way that multiple users can view the same map and
monitoring results without replicating the monitoring jobs (ie. maybe
three management stations all looking at the same data but without
three lots of reachability pings running) ?

Thanks in advance for your help

Nigel

Information Technology Services
University of Queensland