[tkined] "no such name" error

From: Joseph Cook (joseph_cook@quickeagle.com)
Date: Thu Jan 25 2001 - 23:49:32 MET

In general if you are doing sets to objects not in the standard MIBs (i.e.
in a private mib), does that mib have to loaded?

I can do gets to objects in my private mib by using numbers in the object
ID, but get a "no such name" error on a set to the same object.

I can do sets to objects in standard mibs, such as sysName, so the
community name is correct.

Since the gets work, I'm assuming that the mib does not have to be loaded.

Has anyone encountered this error?