[tkined] "inconsistentValue" Error

From: Brock Rycenga (brycenga@wire-less-inc.com)
Date: Wed Jan 24 2001 - 20:53:16 MET

Could someone please lend me a hand?

I'm fairly new to Scotty. I am running with Windows2K and Tcl 8.3.2. I am
trying to perform an SNMP set, via Scotty, on a Fore switch (RFC 2515). No
matter what I do, I always get an error when I try to perform the "set". I
have tried several versions of the following command. However, the result is
the same. I get the "inconsistentValue" return code.

% set vb2 [list ATM-MIB!atmTrafficDescrType.31 ATM-TC-MIB!atmNoClpNoScr]
% set vblist [list $vb2]
% set result [$sid set $vblist]
inconsistentValue 0 {1.3.6.1.2.1.37.1.5.1.2.31 {OBJECT IDENTIFIER}
ATM-TC-MIB!atmNoClpNoScr}

I have tried using the entire OID values, I have tried including the data
type, etc. Nothing seems to work. Here is how I am setting up my generator:

set sid [snmp generator -address 131.161.130.40 -version SNMPv2c -retries
10]

Any help will be appreciated.

Thank, in advance,
Brock

are addressed. If you have received this e-mail in error please
notify the system administrator - mis@wire-less-inc.com

Any views or opinions expressed in this e-mail are those of the
sender and do not necessarily coincide with those of Wireless, Inc.

This footnote confirms that this e-mail message has been scanned
by a virus protection program for the presence of a computer virus.