[tkined] Problems setting the community

From: Antonio Navarro Navarro (hostmaster@bemarnet.es)
Date: Fri Jan 12 2001 - 12:19:37 MET

Hi All !

I have installed the Scotty 2.1.10-8 RPM in a RedHat 7.0 machine and have
problems setting the community for querying a router. I have created as
node in Tkined for a Zyxel Prestige Router and selected SNMP Interface
Load. The graphics run OK with the community of the router set to 'public'.

If I change the community in the router (for example to 'new') and then add
a new attribute to the node with name 'SNMP:Config' and value 'new', I'm
unable to view the values.

If I remove this attribute and set the community name in the 'Set SNMP
Parameter' option the the data is displayed ok.

Where am I wrong ? I need to control several routers with different
community names.

Best regards,

Antonio Navarro Navarro
BemarNet Management