[tkined] Memory Leaks

From: Sanapoori, Hari (Hari.Sanapoori@marconi.com)
Date: Tue Dec 12 2000 - 21:37:40 MET

Hi,

I am using the scotty build scotty-00-02-21.tar.gz
<ftp://ftp.ibr.cs.tu-bs.de/pub/local/tkined/devel/scotty-00-02-21.tar.gz> .
We are using it for sometime and it pretty useful for us. Recently, there
was segmentation faults when we ran our test scripts for more than 2 days.
When I did some investigation on this, I found that, there is some memory
leaks in mib parsing sections. I used workshop from Sun to get the memory
leaks. I did the following steps after starting the tcl shell.

1. Tnm::snmp generator
2. snmp0 configure
3. snmp0 destroy
4. exit

The memory leaks (actual) reported by workshop is shown below...

Actual leaks report (actual leaks: 42 total size: 44316 bytes)
 Total Num of Leaked Allocation call stack
 Size Blocks Block
                Address
====== ====== ========== =======================================
 20784 8 - TnmMibReadFrozen<-TnmMibParse
 15346 7 - TnmMibReadFrozen<-TnmMibParse
  4260 7 - TnmMibReadFrozen<-TnmMibParse
  3456 8 - TnmMibReadFrozen<-TnmMibParse
   414 10 - TnmMibParse<-TnmMibLoadFile
    28 1 0x3d5738
TnmSnmpOpen<-TnmSnmpManagerOpen<-Tnm_SnmpObjCmd<-TclExecuteByteCode<-Tcl_Eva
lObj<-
Tcl_RecordAndEvalObj<-Tcl_RecordAndEval<-ftagProcessStream
    28 1 0x3d5700
TnmSnmpOpen<-TnmSnmpManagerOpen<-Tnm_SnmpObjCmd<-TclExecuteByteCode<-Tcl_Eva
lObj<-
Tcl_RecordAndEvalObj<-Tcl_RecordAndEval<-ftagProcessStream

When I click one of the memorly leak link, it takes me to the statement

nodePtr = TnmMibReadFrozen(fp);

in TnmMibParser.c

I tried to go through the code to find the correct location. But it thought
it would be nice if I shed this to all so that somebody might have noted
this and have submitted a patch for this. If so, can anybody tell me where
is the patch located...

Thanks,

Rgds,
Hari Prasad Sanapoori