[tkined] SNMPv3 support

From: Dunford, Martin (MDunford@unispherenetworks.com)
Date: Thu Dec 07 2000 - 16:43:14 MET

Hi,

  I downloaded and rebuilt (to get rid of the expiration mechanism) the
Scotty
3.0.0 SNMPv3 snapshot (scotty-00-02-19-win.zip) under Windows NT. I've had
a number of problems with it. Has anyone out there used it? The problems
/bugs
I found are listed below, I would appreciate anyones feedback on their
experiences.....

 - Range restriction Node information was not being recorded in the binary
    'frozen file' format that is used to record MIB information once the MIB
file
      has been parsed. (I fixed this)

  - Size restrictions don't seem to be supported. e.g
DisplayString(SIZE(0..127))
      etc.

  - When initiating an SNMPv3 generator command as follows

       Tnm::snmp -version SNMPv3 -engineID 80000E....

    the engine ID is read in as an ASCII string instead of raw hex data (I
fixed this)

If anyone is aware of further limitations/restrcitions I would greatly
appreciate hearing
about it, thanks

     Martin.