Re: [tkined] Re: Daemon Program

From: Szokoli Gabor (szocske@vaskutya.sch.bme.hu)
Date: Tue Oct 10 2000 - 12:14:39 MET DST

On Mon, 9 Oct 2000, Doug Hughes wrote:

> On Sat, 7 Oct 2000, Jeffrey Baker wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> > Could tou please give me some guidance. I want to write a
> > Tcl or c program that I can install as a daemon in "/etc/services" on port
> > 1122.
> > [...]
>
> Here's an example of a simple daemon in Tcl that does what you want.
[...]
> socket -server sockh 1122
> vwait n
This is good, because you can do it as a user, but in case you happen to
have root privileges on the machine, you can write the "server code" to
communicate via stdin/stdout, and "hook" it on the right port in
/etc/inetd.conf
You have all the manpages handy to help you with the details.

Well, this was rather off-topic, but I'm not smart enough on-topic yet :-)

Szocske