Re: [tkined] -writecommunity is gone.

From: Juergen Schoenwaelder (schoenw@ibr.cs.tu-bs.de)
Date: Wed Sep 27 2000 - 17:09:10 MET DST

>>>>> b kroeger@crocodial de writes:

b> i just tried to get an old (and once functional) skript of mine
b> running with scotty-00-02-19-win.zip, but my "snmp generator"
b> statement fails to accept the writecommunity option. Is SNMPv2v not
b> supported anymore?

SNMPv2c is still there but the -writecommunity option is gone. I
decided that this is really an ugly feature and it is in most cases
simpler to have multiple session handles in the application in case
you really want to distinguish between the read and write community
string. Similarily, I play with the idea to merge the -readAuthKey,
-writeAuthKey, -readPrivKey, and -writePrivKey into two simpler
-authKey and -privKey options.

/js