Re: [tkined] Tcl8.3/Tk8.3 on FreeBSD

From: Jun Kuriyama (kuriyama@imgsrc.co.jp)
Date: Tue Aug 15 2000 - 02:56:54 MET DST

At Mon, 14 Aug 2000 17:14:09 +0200,
Juergen Schoenwaelder <schoenw@ibr.cs.tu-bs.de> wrote:
> Jun> Hmmm, I cannot execute tkined which built from CVS repository
> Jun> without my ICMPv6 patch.
>
> You can. ;-)

Of course, it should. :-)

> What is causing you trouble is the start of the manager Tcl script
> which runs in its own process (a tclsh process which loads tnm). And
> this obviously fails. I have build Tcl8.3/Tk8.3 on our systems and it
> just runs fine. I guess you have a version mismatch problem somehow
> with the tclsh that gets started from tkined (see the first line in
> /usr/local/lib/tkined1.5.0/apps/manager.tcl) and the tnm library it
> tries to load.

FreeBSD ports/packages system installs Tcl/Tk into non-standard
places. It may cause problem.

Files in /usr/local/lib/tkined1.5.0/apps/* have correct path for
tclsh8.3. I don't know details of Tcl's load command, but can this
help for me?

-----
tcsh% tclsh8.3
% load /usr/local/lib/tnm3.0.0.so
couldn't load file "/usr/local/lib/tnm3.0.0.so": /usr/local/lib/tnm3.0.0.so: Undefined symbol "Tcl_GetStdChannel"
%
tcsh% wish8.3
% load /usr/local/lib/tnm3.0.0.so
%