Is there somebody using a DBMS structure for tkined ? Is it a possible
We plan to use a DBMS for tkined for this reasons :
* support for transaction.
- for example you could have a productive network infrastructure and
test infrastructure is could be useful
to migrate routing process in the network
- You use transaction to validate change or not from another site.
* Unified data structure & Unified data locking & Unified data logging
- You could easy link tkined with other application (Network inventory
database, Network config database...)
* Extending more easily tkined/scotty without using tcl/tk based
components. (yes it's possible to generate .tki files with Perl 8-))
Is there any development around this idea ? what do you think of that
(bad and good 8-))) ?
-- !! This message is brought to you via the `tkined & scotty' mailing list. !! Please do not reply to this message to unsubscribe. To subscribe or !! unsubscribe, send a mail message to <firstname.lastname@example.org>. !! See http://wwwsnmp.cs.utwente.nl/~schoenw/scotty/ for more information.
This archive was generated by hypermail 2b29 : Mon Jan 08 2001 - 15:27:50 MET