Re: [tkined] Response time on multiple async. walks

From: Juergen Schoenwaelder (schoenw@ibr.cs.tu-bs.de)
Date: Tue Jul 25 2000 - 13:56:50 MET DST

>>>>> Matthew Krenzer writes:

Matthew> I have a question here about how long it takes to do a query
Matthew> on an entire subnet. This is what I'm trying to do:

[...]

Matthew> But it takes quite a while to run. (2 minutes to be exact).
Matthew> I would think that by using asynch. requests all sould be
Matthew> sent at the same time and the max time should be maybe a few
Matthew> snmp timeouts - but not 2 whole minutes. Why dose it take so
Matthew> long? Is there a better way to do this? Thanks.

The default timeout parameter is 5 seconds. The default window
parameter is 10. This means that scotty will not send out more than 10
async. requests in order to shape the burst of requests the script
generates. Setting the window to 0 might help to speed things up (but
it will make things less reliable since you increase the chances that
requests are dropped in the network).

/js