[tkined] Dynamic loading & Tcl_FreeFile

From: Jean-Francois Beaulieu (jeanf@openet-telecom.com)
Date: Wed Mar 22 2000 - 23:55:00 MET

It seems that I'm not the first one who ask a question concerning this
error message, unfortunatelly no one seems to have get a reply in hte
past also... My variable TCLLIBPATH is set correctly on a FreeBSD/i386
machine (ver 4.0) but something is wrong with dynamic loading when I'm
doing a make install from scotty:

Installing ./../tnm/library/README
Installing ./../tnm/library/dialog.tcl
Installing ./../tnm/library/output.tcl
Installing ./../tnm/library/snmp.tcl
Installing ./../tnm/library/ifload.tcl
Installing ./../tnm/library/obsolete.tcl
Installing ./../tnm/library/init.tcl
initialization failed: couldn't load file "/usr/local/lib/tnm2.1.0.so":
/usr/loc
al/lib/tnm2.1.0.so: Undefined symbol "Tcl_FreeFile"
This usually means that you have to define the TCLLIBPATH environment
variable to point to the tnm library directory or you have to include
the path to the tnm library directory in Tcl's auto_path variable.
*** Error code 1

Again, I've check TCLLIBPATH and it point to the tnm directory, as it
should according to the readme file.
 I'll continue to search in the mean time but if it remind something to
someone, let me know....