[tkined] udp, tcl, and retry code help?

From: Matthew Levine (mlevine@cisco.com)
Date: Fri Jun 16 2000 - 01:43:47 MET DST

Hi,

I've written an application using the udp libraries and it works pretty
well. However, it would work a whole lot better if I had some retry
code in there.

The application takes many inputs from different hosts so whatever retry
code I put in there cannot block the app from handling other requests.
So I looked to the 'after' command.
The problem with the after command is that it operates in the global
scope so any local variables from the calling context that I put in an
'after' callback, cannot be expanded correctly.

So the problem is this:

With each packet I send, I have a packet handle to receive an ACK on -
each message must be acknowledged. Since I'm taking inputs from many
hosts, I need my after callback to know which handle to wait on so it
knows which packet hasn't been ack'ed. If a packet doesn't get ack'ed
within a retry timer, I need to send that packet out again.

There must be some way to do this and hopefully something simple that
I've overlooked.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Matthew