Re: [tkined] Question on setting a mib object value.

From: Pete Flugstad (pete_flugstad@icon-labs.com)
Date: Thu Jun 15 2000 - 17:04:45 MET DST

Ricardo Cadime wrote:

> > unknown asn1 type 0x10

I had this problem with a mib that imported EntryStatus from RFC1271.
This was not recognized correctly by scotty, and it would spit out
an error like this.

RFC1271 has been obsoleted by RFC1757 now, which scotty includes in
it's standard set (scotty-2.1.10). I never did try and change the
reference to RFC1757 to see if that worked (don't ask me why, I don't
know). My solution was to stuck the definition for EntryStatus
directly in this private MIB, so that scotty saw it directly. Not
very elegant, but it worked.

Pete