[tkined] Scotty3 'connection refused' error

From: Simon King (simonk@pipinghotnetworks.com)
Date: Wed May 31 2000 - 23:57:13 MET DST

Since my previous message to the mailing list I think I've found a bug in
the scotty-00-02-21 snapshot that causes agents to only respond to queries
through the loopback interface. I think that when an agent is created, the
TnmSnmpCreateSession function sets the address to INADDR_LOOPBACK, when it
should actually set it to INADDR_ANY for responders and listeners. The
consequence of this is that the socket gets bound to the localhost
interface in TnmSnmpAgentOpen/TnmSnmpAgentOpen/TnmSocketBind

I have fixed this by changing the line to :

if (type == TNM_SNMP_GENERATOR || type == TNM_SNMP_NOTIFIER) {
  session->maddr.sin_addr.s_addr = htonl(INADDR_LOOPBACK);
} else {
  session->maddr.sin_addr.s_addr = htonl(INADDR_ANY);
}

Now when I look at the output of 'netstat -l' I see something like :
udp 0 0 *:8001 *:*
instead of
udp 0 0 localhost.localdom:8001 *:*

However, when I try and do a get against this, I get noResponse, and
netstat shows that there is data waiting to be read from the channel. The
file handler gets created okay (as far as I can tell) but it never
actually fires.

Am I still doing something completely wrong? Is this a known bug? Is there
a more recent snapshot that I should be working with?

Thanks again for any help anyone can give me

  Simon King                                              May 31
  PipingHot Networks
  Tel. 01364 655542
The calender of the Theocracy of Muntab counts down, not up. No-one knows
why, but it might not be a good idea to hang around and find out.
        -- (Terry Pratchett, Wyrd Sisters)