[tkined] Sending traps on non standard udp port

From: Timothy McIntire (mcintire@cig.mot.com)
Date: Tue May 23 2000 - 16:46:57 MET DST

Hi all,

I am trying to get a scotty based agent to send traps up to a tkined
trap sink. The primary goal is to create a simulated agent to test a
separate network management application. This agent needs to be able
to send "traps on demand'. I need to use a non-standard port as the
scotty software will need to run on a system that I do not have root on.

I have tried a few things with no success. Most recently I set up an
snmp agent to talk to a tkined manager. I set up the SNMP port config
for the server to use 5555 as the UDP port. I then set up a "trap
sink" in tkined for the agent node.

On the agent node, I set up a scotty interpreter to start the snmp agent
session

% set s [snmp session ]
% $s configure -agent [interp create -safe] -port 5555

This gets the agent up right?

Lastly, I try to send a trap

% $s trap coldStart ""

I was hoping to see a trap message raised, but none has come. Am I
missing something simple?

I am using scotty 2.1.9 with tcl 8.0

Thanks....

Tim