[tkined] Miscellaneous Questions

From: Simon King (simonk@pipinghotnetworks.com)
Date: Tue May 23 2000 - 18:42:18 MET DST

Hi,

Sorry if this question is very stupid, but I'm new to SNMP and just
playing around. I've created a basic agent (ie. responder) which I can
perform gets and sets against, as long as the generator is on the same
machine with the address set to 127.0.0.1. However, if I create the
generator in exactly the same way but with my actual IP address, or on a
different machine on the network pointing back at me, I get a connection
refused error. Is there something blindingly obvious that I'm not doing?

On a seperate note, I've seen in the manual pages that SNMPv3
authemtication is not complete yet. Are there any other parts of the
specification which are not complete, and does anyone have any idea of the
sorts of timescales and priorities that these features have?

Thanks a lot for any help you can give me,

Simon King