Re: [tkined] problem: binary data and the udp send

From: Juergen Schoenwaelder (schoenw@ibr.cs.tu-bs.de)
Date: Thu Apr 27 2000 - 11:37:44 MET DST

>>>>> Erik Schoenfelder writes:

Erik> i'm not sure, but Juergen planned to rewrite some parts of
Erik> scotty to use tcl-objects. maybe udp is part of this and may
Erik> solve this. but this is speculation.

I started to rewrite the UDP command to use TclObjs. I am also trying
to enable IPv6/IPv4 support in the rewrite. But this is still in the
works since I need to figure out how to support IPv6 on platforms that
do not have the socket API extensions. (Which basically means to write
replacement functions for these platforms.)

I will see whether I can check some of the UDP related patches into
the CVS repository in the coming days.

/js