Re: [tkined] SUN RPC

From: Jarrett Carver (solarboyz1@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Apr 18 2000 - 19:02:47 MET DST

Understand that the thresholds are dependent on the individual systems. I
found what I was looking for, after numerouse attempts at numerous search
engines, at:

http://www.sunworld.com/sunworldonline/swol-02-1998/swol-02-perf-2.html

Which told me what each varaible from the rstat translated to. (i.e
avenrun_0 which when divided by 256 gives you the Avg load in the past
minute ). ISo now the thresholds we currently set on other tools such as
mwatch can be set in tkined. My goal here is to condense all our current
monitoring tools into one.

As I am new to TK it may be a while before it is "very configurable" right
now I am just trying to make it "simply functional" for my current work, the
goal of course will be a module that can be usefull to others as well.

Thanks again.