[tkined] Encountered a memory problem with snmp walk -command

From: tero.salonen@stonesoft.com
Date: Tue Mar 21 2000 - 09:34:40 MET

Hi everyone!

In order to retrieve information from a mib-tree, I chose to use snmp walk
-command asynchronously. Unfortunately, the memory requirements of my scripts
just keep increasing. For investigating the reason for the memory increase, I
checked how the following lines behave.

  set ss [snmp generator -address xx.xx.xx]

  for {set i 0} {$i < 100} {incr i} {
      $ss walk {ifAdminStatus ifOperStatus} {puts "\"%E\" \"%V\""}
  }

The machine into which the snmp session is made has two interfaces. One
execution of the for-loop increases the memory required by the scotty3.0.0
interpreter with 24K. The platform is Solaris.

I wonder what I am doing wrong. Would anyone have ideas or suggestions how to do
the walking right?

Have a nice day,

        Tero