Re: [tkined] Latest Tnm version for UNIX

From: Juergen Schoenwaelder (schoenw@ibr.cs.tu-bs.de)
Date: Fri Mar 10 2000 - 12:01:58 MET

>>>>> George Ross writes:

George> Speaking of which, how closely are the snapshots really tied
George> to particular versions of tcl/tk? I was hoping to try out the
George> latest snapshot and/or cvs version, but they appeared to want
George> tcl versions that I didn't have easily to hand.

My experience over several years now tells me that the Tcl APIs change
with nearly every release. So I decided to support only one version
rather than trying to add hacks to try to support multiple versions of
Tcl. (This saves me from getting emails about bugs for versions that I
do not use myself.)

The current CVS version assumes Tcl/Tk 8.2. It is probably not too
much work to get this version also to run with Tcl/Tk 8.1 or 8.0. Just
change the version number test in the configure script and try it
yourself. You probably have to put some #defines somewhere to take
care of the mutex code for threads.

/js