Re: [tkined] SNMP to SQL

From: Juergen Schoenwaelder (schoenw@ibr.cs.tu-bs.de)
Date: Tue Feb 29 2000 - 16:59:43 MET

>>>>> Eddie Corns writes:

Eddie> The snippets I posted before that I used for testing the speed
Eddie> of explicit polling were, if you recall, a) restricted to
Eddie> ifTable entries and b) buggy because of forgetting about the
Eddie> non-contiguity of the indexes. So I put together a little test
Eddie> script for doing more generic polls. It does multiple tables
Eddie> on multiple machines. It looks like this:

[...]

I like the code snippets and the numbers that you are posting.

Using getnext instead of get is IMHO the right decision. In 3.0.0,
there is an asynchronous walk command. Using this asynchronous walk
has some benefits over a pure Tcl solution which calls getnexts. The
most important is that the walk command uses getbulks internally. So
if you are talking to SNMPv2c or SNMPv3 agents, you will see a real
speedup without any extra Tcl code.

The 3.0.0 walk implementation may need some enhancements so that you
have better control where it stops and that you can have non-repeaters.

/js