Re: [tkined] DHCP monitoring

From: Szokoli Gabor (szocske@vaskutya.sch.bme.hu)
Date: Fri Feb 25 2000 - 15:07:44 MET

On Thu, 24 Feb 2000, Dmitry Izosimov wrote:

> Hello
>
> Do not prompt whether
> there are at you materials about as with the help
> SNMP to check serviceability DHCP?
> Under a means Scotty and Tcl/Tk

I assume that you need to find out if a remote host is running a DHCP
server or not, over the network.
I think you do not need SNMP for this.

I think it is simpler to check if the DHCP port is open:
 (I don't know the port number, BOOPT's TCP port is 67.
  Check your /etc/services or /etc/inetd.conf )

Szocske
ps:
Well, I thought I could use simple english, it seems I've forgot.
(I also knew russian, but I don't know how to type those cyrilc letters,
 and I also forgot most of it. )