Re: [tkined] SNMP to SQL

From: Eddie Corns (E.Corns@ed.ac.uk)
Date: Thu Feb 24 2000 - 11:50:17 MET

OK, ignore that nonsense about doing faster SNMP walks, I'd forgotten
one rather vital thing - there's no guarantee that if a table has say 43
entries then they will actually be numbered from 1 to 43. Sigh, that's what I
get for rushing. It is possible to still do this but it would require
remembering the actual offsets (only need to recheck when sysuptime drops). I
will look into putting it into my production system and see what the results
are. It would be even mor awkward to use it for an entire MIB unless you
already knew the entire structure of the MIB.

Eddie