[tkined] Straps and MULTICAST in scotty-2.1.10

From: Arun Kumar (akumar@fore.com)
Date: Fri Feb 11 2000 - 18:43:04 MET

Hi,
 I had a question about Straps in Scotty 2.1.10. We are seeing that scotty
straps daemon is sending request (like once every two seconds) on 224.0.0.1
and 234.0.0.1. Is there any documentation as so why 234.0.0 has been used, and
what happens if we undef the flag "HAVE_MULTICAST".

 It seems to be fine if we have one or two machines running straps deamon, but
if we have 40-50 machines on the network running straps daemon, it starts to
bother the network. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks
Arun