Re: [tkined] anonymous cvs

From: Hugo Gayosso (qztf7k@powertrain.mpg.gm.com)
Date: Thu Feb 03 2000 - 20:54:38 MET

On 03-Feb-2000 Juergen Schoenwaelder wrote:

> Hugo> Have you considered putting scotty in sourceforge.net??
>
> No.
>
> Hugo> They provide good service and they take the hassle of
> Hugo> maintaining and doing backups. (did I say that this is free??)
>
> The service is free here as well. And it is not a big deal since we
> have students who do the nasty work like backups etc. :-)
>
> /js

Another good thing of SourceForge is that they provide everything you need to
develop an Open Source software project, they provide you:

FTP
CVS
PHP
Backups
Mailing lists
Forums
Patch manager
Task manager

And I don't know what else, right now I involved in some projects that moved
there and it seems to work very good.

Oh, I forgot you also have shell access via SSH.

Anyway, just a thought, there is also Server51 that is still in beta, but has
the same purpose of SourceForge (provide a framework of tools for the
development of Free Software/Open Source projects), Server51 is still in beta,
and with the recent acquisition of Andover by VALinux, I don't know if they are
going to keep with that project, or just merge it with Source Forge.

Greetings,

- ---
Hugo Gayosso | The ultimate result is that some
Controls Process Support | innovations that would truly
Electronics Integration and Software | benefit consumers never occur
GM Powertrain | for the sole reason that they
Brighton, MI | do not coincide with Microsoft's
USA | self-interest.

E-Mail: qztf7k@powertrain.mpg.gm.com | Thomas Penfield Jackson
 Phone: (810) 220-2635 | U.S. District Judge
   Fax: (810) 220-2663 |