RE: [tkined] anonymous cvs

From: Hugo Gayosso (qztf7k@powertrain.mpg.gm.com)
Date: Thu Feb 03 2000 - 20:31:54 MET

Hello Juergen!

        Have you considered putting scotty in sourceforge.net??

        They provide good service and they take the hassle of maintaining and
doing backups. (did I say that this is free??)

Greetings,
On 03-Feb-2000 Juergen Schoenwaelder wrote:

> I am happy to announce that we now have an anonymous CVS server which
> allows everyone to get access to the CVS source tree of the scotty
> package. Here is what you have to do:
>
> $ export CVSROOT=":pserver:anoncvs@anoncvs.ibr.cs.tu-bs.de:/anoncvs"
> $ cvs login
> (Logging in to anoncvs@henkell.ibr.cs.tu-bs.de)
> CVS password: anoncvs
> $ cvs co scotty
>
> To tell you the truth: You don't get access to the real CVS tree. But
> we have automated software running which syncronizes the real CVS tree
> which the shadow version which is accessible via anonymous CVS.
>
> This is still experimental. But the best test is probably to tell you
> that it is there and to come back tomorrow to fix the bugs.
>
> As usual, versions retrieved via anonymous CVS are not guaranteed to
> work or to compile. But they can be very helpful in order to check
> whether a bug has already been fixed or to provide patches that are
> easy to integrate.
>
> /js
>
> --
> Juergen Schoenwaelder Technical University Braunschweig
> <schoenw@ibr.cs.tu-bs.de> Dept. Operating Systems & Computer Networks
> Phone: +49 531 391 3289 Bueltenweg 74/75, 38106 Braunschweig, Germany
> Fax: +49 531 391 5936 <URL:http://www.ibr.cs.tu-bs.de/~schoenw/>
>

> --

- --
Hugo Gayosso | The ultimate result is that some
Controls Process Support | innovations that would truly
Electronics Integration and Software | benefit consumers never occur
GM Powertrain | for the sole reason that they
Brighton, MI | do not coincide with Microsoft's
USA | self-interest.

E-Mail: qztf7k@powertrain.mpg.gm.com | Thomas Penfield Jackson
 Phone: (810) 220-2635 | U.S. District Judge
   Fax: (810) 220-2663 |