[tkined] anonymous cvs

From: Juergen Schoenwaelder (schoenw@ibr.cs.tu-bs.de)
Date: Thu Feb 03 2000 - 17:15:33 MET

I am happy to announce that we now have an anonymous CVS server which
allows everyone to get access to the CVS source tree of the scotty
package. Here is what you have to do:

    $ export CVSROOT=":pserver:anoncvs@anoncvs.ibr.cs.tu-bs.de:/anoncvs"
    $ cvs login
    (Logging in to anoncvs@henkell.ibr.cs.tu-bs.de)
    CVS password: anoncvs
    $ cvs co scotty

To tell you the truth: You don't get access to the real CVS tree. But
we have automated software running which syncronizes the real CVS tree
which the shadow version which is accessible via anonymous CVS.

This is still experimental. But the best test is probably to tell you
that it is there and to come back tomorrow to fix the bugs.

As usual, versions retrieved via anonymous CVS are not guaranteed to
work or to compile. But they can be very helpful in order to check
whether a bug has already been fixed or to provide patches that are
easy to integrate.

/js