[tkined] Listening for traps on Solaris

From: saustin_deja@my-deja.com
Date: Wed Jan 12 2000 - 16:26:33 MET

Hello Friends,

I asked a similar question a while back but got no response, so I'm going to phrase it a bit differently this time:

I want to run a scotty 2.1.10 script on Solaris 2.6 to catch and respond to traps. If I disable all other snmp daemons then I can use a very simple "snmp session" command and everything is fine.

However, what if I cannot be the only listener on port 162? Is there documentation on how to interface with Sun's snmpd or straps? Is this the correct approach?

Thanks in advance, any help desperately needed!!

Cheers
Stuart Austin