Re: [tkined] Tnm::mib defval only OK in 3.0.0?

Juergen Schoenwaelder (schoenw@ibr.cs.tu-bs.de)
Tue, 7 Dec 1999 11:04:02 +0100

SA> I believe that the "defval" subcommand of the mib command only
SA> exists in 3.0.0? I didn't see it documented in the 2.1.10 man
SA> page, though you can invoke it in either version. However it
SA> seems to return legitimate values only in 3.0.0. There is a
SA> return value when calling it in 2.1.10 but it is bogus, is this
SA> correct? Is there any way in 2.1.10 of getting the default value
SA> of an oid?

`mib defval' does not really exist in 2.1.10. Only use the commands
that are actually documented and ignore the rest or use it on your
own risk. `mib defval' should work however in 3.0.0.

/js