Re: [tkined] Customizing strip chart label

Stephen L. Johnson (sjohnson@monsters.org)
Thu, 02 Dec 1999 16:52:06 -0600

> On Thu, 2 Dec 1999, Myung Choi wrote:
>
> > I have SNMP monitoring setup for ethernet switch devices(3com). Though, the
> > label is somewhat long. Thus, I tried to shorten the label.
> >
> > How can I make label to show SNMP object return value only (for example,
> > just "up" insteady of "ifOperStatus.101 up")? I tried by creating new
> > attribute, but I don't know what variable I should use for Value.
> >
> > I searched last three years achrive but couldn't find the answer.
> >
> > Any comment is appreciated...
> >

> > Myung,

A strip chart is like any other "node" on a tkined view. Just right click on
the strip chart to change the Label or create another attribute to use the
strip chart's Label.

You also change the node's Label via ined command in the Tool Scripts.
Although to do this, you will have to modify the existing scripts.

--
Stephen L Johnson                         stephen.johnson@mail.state.ar.us
Unix Systems Administrator                sjohnson@monsters.org