Re: [tkined] HP NNM integration

Scott Danielson (danielss@uhc.com)
Thu, 2 Dec 1999 14:45:09 -0600 (CST)

I have done a great deal of work with scotty mainly to help maintain OpenView configurations, DNS, etc... We have a fairly large network and to manually maintain our 6 NNM collections stations is not really possible with the never ending network changes. I have found the SNMP functionality within scotty to be superior to that provided with NNM or CMU, performance wize. I haven't created any SNMP agents which it should's like your looking for here.

Anyway, scotty (not tkined) has been extermly valuable to me in maintaining our OpenView configuration. I had thought about creating a OpenView extension for Tcl/Scotty so I could access the OpenView object database directly instead of running external openview commands within my scripts. However, time is not a comodity for me and I haven't had any time to look into such extension.

Scott Danielson

> Hi All!
>
> Has anybody integrated tkined with HP OV NNM?
> I need to monitor freeBSD 3.3 hosts.
> I use NNM 6.01 with Solaris 2.6.
>
> Sincerely
> Serge

Scott J. Danielson

Unix Services & Consulting _/ _/ _/ _/ _/_/_/ United HealthCare Corp. _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ E-Mail: danielss@uhc.com _/ _/ _/_/_/_/ _/ AT&T: (612) 797-4269 _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ Fax: (612) 797-4333 _/_/_/ _/ _/ _/_/_/ Route: MN10-W116