Re: [tkined] Tkined interface load accuracy

Robert Dahlem (Robert.Dahlem@ffm2.siemens.de)
Fri, 26 Nov 1999 20:20:56 +0100

Aubrey,

On Thu, 25 Nov 1999 04:00:25 +0200, Aubrey Davies wrote:

>When I look at my strip chart it shows me that my line is xx% utilised
>
>When I look at the load on that interface on my Cisco router by giving it
>show interface serial 0, the Cisco software tells me that the load is
>xx/255. When I convert this into a % I do not get the same as above. Can
>anyone tell me why this is happening or how this is happening

Tkined tells you the average over its own interval (look at SNMP-Monitor -> Monitor Job
Info). It uses a formula for this described in <tkinded-dir>/apps/snmp_monitor.tcl near
procedure ShowOfLoadProc.

The Cisco software always tells you an "exponential average" over the last 5 minutes (see
www.cisco.com under
univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios120/12cgcr/inter_r/irshowin.htm#14148 )

Regards,
Robert