Re: [tkined] Tkined interface load accuracy

Doug Hughes (Doug.Hughes@Eng.Auburn.EDU)
Thu, 25 Nov 1999 09:54:27 -0600 (CST)

>When I look at my strip chart it shows me that my line is xx% utilised
>
>When I look at the load on that interface on my Cisco router by giving it
>show interface serial 0, the Cisco software tells me that the load is
>xx/255. When I convert this into a % I do not get the same as above. Can
>anyone tell me why this is happening or how this is happening

The most likely reason is the sampling interval. Since the line is
necessarily always receiving packets, and the cisco and tkined are
using differnet starting and ending points, the line load will always
be different between the two. Both of them may be write 'over that
respective sampling interval'.

Doug Hughes Engineering Network Services\
doug@eng.auburn.edu Auburn University