Re: [tkined] Tnm 3.0 static build?

Robert Seeger (rseeger@nortelnetworks.com)
Wed, 24 Nov 1999 07:44:31 -0500

Juergen,

I may attempt to get it up and running as a statically linked extension
then. If I succeed, I'll try to let you know what I had to do (diffs and
such). I'm not al that experienced in this type of work, however, so don't
expect too much.

Thanks,
Rob Seeger

At 01:36 PM 11/24/1999 +0100, you wrote:

>Robert> I guess what it boils down to is: - Is it possible to build
>Robert> Scotty such that it is statically linked into the Tcl shell on
>Robert> the various platforms (especially Solaris and Windows 95 and
>Robert> NT)? - If not, is there a guess as to when it will be (if at
>Robert> all)?
>
>This is not on my TODO list.
>
>Supporting static builds adds quite a bit of complexity to the make
>and initialization process but should otherwise be straightforward. If
>someone has a good solution, then I am willing to put the necessary
>changes into the Makefiles etc. But I am not going to spend my own
>time for developing a solution since I have no need for a statically
>linked scotty.
>
>/js
>
>--
>Juergen Schoenwaelder Technical University Braunschweig
><schoenw@ibr.cs.tu-bs.de> Dept. Operating Systems & Computer Networks
>Phone: +49 531 391 3289 Bueltenweg 74/75, 38106 Braunschweig, Germany
>Fax: +49 531 391 5936 <URL:http://www.ibr.cs.tu-bs.de/~schoenw/>

Robert Seeger
Network Engineer
Nortel Networks