Re: [tkined] interface load graph limits, and other questions

Robert Dahlem (Robert.Dahlem@ffm2.siemens.de)
Thu, 28 Oct 1999 19:08:42 +0200

John,

On Thu, 28 Oct 1999 03:44:18 -0500 (CDT), J.S. Havard wrote:

>Is there a limit to the number of interfaces SNMP-Monitor>Interface Load
>will return? One of our Ciscos has about 100 interfaces, but when it gets
>to the 70th interface, it returns no more interfaces. Is there an
>arbitrary limit on the number of interfaces it will return?

We stumbled over this also. Our solution was to manually edit the configuration file and
to add the missing interfaces. Tkined seems to have a restriction concerning the highest
interface number (around 70) beeing autodetected.

>It really sucks, [...]

Yup! :-)

>And how about a way to make an interface blink if it goes down?

It gets red at our site. Is that not enough for you?

Regards,
Robert