Re: [tkined] anyone have mail notification running on nt or win98

Peter Polkinghorne (Peter.Polkinghorne@brunel.ac.uk)
Mon, 20 Sep 1999 15:22:51 +0100

> I am trying to port the old brunel ip_monitor from unix to nt and its becoming a pain. Does
> anyone have mail notification running on nt or windows I sure could use some help
>
> thanks
>
> bob

As the author of the Brunel ip_monitor stuff - I suspect your porting pain is
coming from going from scotty 2.1.X to 3.0.0 - may be the solution is to
look at what I changed going from ip_monitor.tcl to bru_ip_monitor.tcl -
basicly I just added extra code - for Change Action and DNS.

I have not really done much with 3.0.0 - but a quick check shows tkined 1.5.0
has an identical ip_monitor.tcl to 1.4.10.

But to add a new action, you have to hack the code - not too hard - there is
a list of actions associated with each job as an attribute:
Monitor:ThresholdAction - the procedures MoJoAction & MoJoModify will have
to be fixed to recognise the new action. All that remains is interfacing with
the Windows mail system - something I know nothing about.

Sorry if this is all a bit terse ... but term is starting - so busy,