RE: [tkined] Tkined class

qztf7k@powertrain.mpg.gm.com
Fri, 10 Sep 1999 08:38:25 -0400 (EDT)

Hello Cameron!!

I wish you good luck in your conference.

I think that if it is going to be aimed towards beginners, you should
point the importance of being able to look at the source code in order to
find/correct bugs, improve the software and stuff like that.

That way you will "enlighten the newbies" and show them what is the way
to go if they want to develop a software application.

I would offer myself for that, but I live too far from Austin (TX I
suppose).

Greetings,

On 10-Sep-99 Cameron Laird wrote:
> at the Tcl Conference in Austin in February: I'm scheduled
> to give it. I'm looking for help to make it a good one.
>
> Early ideas:
> 1. Anyone planning to attend it? It looks as though
> it'll be slanted toward beginners, and so perhaps
> not appropriate for anyone on this mailing list.
> I have some control over that, though, and am open
> to suggestions.
>
> What topics do *you* want to learn better?
> 2. What was important to you when you started to learn
> Scotty/tkined, SNMP, and network management? Is
> there something you wish you'd been told?
> 3. I'm open to social innovation. What I mean by that
> is that, if someone has a clever idea for collabor-
> ation--say, forty-five minutes on a specialized
> topic, or even something commercial like a demonstra-
> tion of a proprietary product that gives a perspective
> on tkined--this is a good time to mention it.
> 4. I've never really attended anyone else's NM class.
> I'd love to hear from those who have. What's good
> and bad in the larger NM world?
>
> Cameron Laird <claird@NeoSoft.com> +1 281 996 8546 FAX
> http://starbase.neosoft.com/~claird/misc.writing/publications.html
> --

---
Hugo Gayosso                            |      Free Software implies
Controls Process Support                |
Electronics Integration and Software    |      "Free speech"
GM Powertrain                           |
Brighton, MI                            |      NOT
USA                                     |
                                        |      "Free beer" !!!
E-Mail: qztf7k@powertrain.mpg.gm.com    |
 Phone: (810) 220-2635                  |      http://www.fsf.org
   Fax: (810) 220-2663                  |