Re: [tkined] need command help with Scotty 3.0

Juergen Schoenwaelder (saustin_deja@my-deja.com)
Tue, 10 Aug 1999 05:53:02 -0700

On Mon, 09 Aug 1999 10:53:32 Arun Kumar wrote:

>Can anyone tell me what optiona in Tnm::snmp gererator are equivalent to
>
>snmp open -password
>and snmp open -community
>
>options in scotty 3.0.0?

Depends on what functions you want to do, I think. For example, here's how to set up a handler that will look at all incoming or outgoing PDUs to the target agent:

proc pduHandler {session ip pduType errName errIndex args} {
#
# do stuff with the PDU...
#
}

set target 99.100.101.102

# get a handle to an snmp management session with the
# target using community strings "public" for reads
# and "private" for writes
set pduRxer [snmp generator -address $target -read \
public -write private]

# associate the pduHandler proc with snmp messages
$pduRxer bind recv "pduHandler %S %A %T %E %I %V"
$pduRxer bind send "pduHandler %S %A %T %E %I %V"

>Is there any readme file for these kind of translations?

There is a .hlp file with the new command syntax if you download the snapshot:

ftp://ftp.ibr.cs.tu-bs.de/pub/local/tkined/devel/