Re: [tkined] scotty-2.1.10 vs. Squid

Greg A. Woods (tkined-fwd@mail.weird.com)
Fri, 30 Jul 1999 12:43:57 -0400 (EDT)

[ On Friday, July 30, 1999 at 12:34:29 (+0200), Juergen Schoenwaelder wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: [tkined] scotty-2.1.10 vs. Squid
>
> Greg> Unable to restart monitor job on squidhost. SNMP get
> Greg> failed: noSuchName 1 {1.3.6.1.2.1.1.3.0 NULL {}}
> Greg> {1.3.6.1.4.1.3495.1.3.2.1.1.0 NULL {}}
>
> The first varbind is sysUpTime.0. Looks like the agent either does not
> have sysUpTime.0 (which means that it is really broken unless there
> are other discontinuity indicators for the counter objects) or
> sysUpTime.0 is excluded from the MIB view you are using (which means
> that the MIB view definition is broken).

I guess either of those scenarios are possible. Figuring out which, at
least for the moment, is perhaps beyond my current abilities.

I was wondering why there were two variables mentioned in the error
message. Is that because tkined needs the value of sysUpTime.0 to make
the graph work right? If so then there's no way it'll work because the
agent in squid currently only supports their own MIB. Their MIB does
include cacheUptime.0 though. Unfortunately it currently defined as a
SEQUENCE variable, not TimeTicks or counter32 or even INTEGER. It
*looks* the same in the browser report window as sysUpTime.0 does from a
conforming router....

--
							Greg A. Woods

+1 416 218-0098 VE3TCP <gwoods@acm.org> <robohack!woods> Planix, Inc. <woods@planix.com>; Secrets of the Weird <woods@weird.com>