Re: [tkined] Trick to traps on NT 4.0 with Tnm 3.0.0?

Juergen Schoenwaelder (schoenw@ibr.cs.tu-bs.de)
Thu, 1 Jul 1999 17:20:49 +0200

S> Found the problem (with some hints, thanks):

>> set trapper [snmp listener -port 162 -version SNMPv2c]

S> -version SNMPv1 works in my configuration, SNMPv2c does not, don't
S> know if that's a tnm problem or what. I believe the agent in the
S> box I'm testing with is SNMPv2c. For now I'm happy to get traps!

The question is whether the agent sends SNMPv1 or SNMPv2c traps. The
format is different and hence you have to use the "right" SNMP session
to receive them (or you have to configure your agent to send out the
right version).
Juergen

--
Juergen Schoenwaelder  schoenw@ibr.cs.tu-bs.de http://www.cs.tu-bs.de/~schoenw
Technical University Braunschweig, Dept. Operating Systems & Computer Networks