Re: [tkined] adding enterprise mib

Doug Hughes (Doug.Hughes@Eng.Auburn.EDU)
Wed, 9 Jun 1999 11:13:47 -0500 (CDT)

>hi,
>I'm using linux and scotty 2.2.10 . I want to add a mib to query an agent
>at another host.
>i did what is said at "getting started with tkined" but i still can not
>see the mib when i check snmp tree.
>
>Can anyone please tell me the procedure to add a mib step by step and in
>more detail?

stick the mib file in the mibs directory under tnm.
e.g. /usr/local/lib/tnm2.2.10/mibs
Then in scotty type mib load <whatever>.mib

>And one more thing, i said that i can not move objects on the map cause my
>mouse has two buttons but i didn't mention that i am using linux, sorry.
>I still can not move objects, is there a way?

This has to do with your linux X. You can setup XF86Config to do 3 button
mouse emulation. It's in the config file. Then you just click both buttons
at the same time to simulate the middle button.