Re: [tkined] Multiple thread.

Juergen Schoenwaelder (schoenw@ibr.cs.tu-bs.de)
Wed, 12 May 1999 16:37:49 +0200

>>>>> M Selvakumar writes:

M> Hi, Can we do Multiple thread in TCL.

Tcl/Tk 8.1 supports multiple threads (running in multiple interpreters).
Howver, most Tcl extensions are not thread safe right now.

M> I need my server program to attend more than one client at a
M> time. How to implement this in Tcl. Please help me to solve this.

You have to make your server event driven. This means you have to be
careful with e.g. IO commands that may block or lengthy computations.
Otherwise, once you think event driven, things turn out to be pretty
straight forward (and you never have to hunt synchronization errors).

Juergen

--
Juergen Schoenwaelder  schoenw@ibr.cs.tu-bs.de http://www.cs.tu-bs.de/~schoenw
Technical University Braunschweig, Dept. Operating Systems & Computer Networks