Re: [tkined] Can UCD-SNMP communicate with Gated?

Erik Schoenfelder (schoenfr@gaertner.de)
Mon, 12 Apr 1999 11:07:29 +0200 (MET DST)

Hi,

MRG> I'd need to get information about routing from a PC running
MRG> Red Hat 5.2 and GateD via SNMP. I think to achieve it, the
MRG> agent SNMP (UCD-SNMP) have to support MIB SMUX (RFC 1227). I
MRG> have been looking up the Linux CMU SNMP Project page, and I
MRG> think this module isn't supported.

the cmu-snmp port to linux does not support this. the port of the
ucd-snmp may support this, i don't know (their project page
http://ucd-snmp.ucdavis.edu/ should tell this).

the cmu-snmp port to linux has basic code to write to the routing
table, but this never worked right, so it is disabled...

MRG> Can anyone tell me if I'm wrong, and if I can execute consults
MRG> about routing and how with UCD-SNMP and Scotty?

sorry, i'm not familiar with gated.

maybe this is not the best place to get information about gated and
ucd-snmp.

Erik