RE: [tkined] unable to load mib file rfc1443.mib and rfc1573.mib

Qiu Jin (Qiu.Jin@mail.sprint.com)
Wed, 7 Apr 1999 18:38:58 -0500

--openmail-part-0d764de3-00000001

Juergen,

Thank you very much!

We solve the problem. The host1 and host2 has different machine
hardware class. When we load mib files on host2, it try to create new
directory, but host2 does not have root access on host1. After we
open the root access, it works well.

Qiu

-----Original Message-----
From: schoenw [SMTP:schoenw@ibr.cs.tu-bs.de]
Sent: Tuesday, April 06, 1999 4:18 AM
To: Qiu.Jin
Cc: schoenw; Jin, Qiu; tkined
Subject: Re: [tkined] unable to load mib file rfc1443.mib and
rfc1573.mib

Qiu> I use rfc1903.tc instead of rfc1443.mib, it works on host1 which
Qiu> scotty2.1.10 was installed. But it does not work on host2 that
Qiu> is on the same network of host1 and does not have scotty2.1.10
Qiu> installed (Our network is NIS+ mounted system).

[snip]

Qiu> It seems that we access the same scotty and same mib files, it
Qiu> should work the same. Any clue?

This indeed sounds strange. I am using scotty over an NFS mounted
file
system all the time. You may want to use a system call tracer like
`strace' in order to check that they are really trying to load the
same files. (Note, the Tnm library saves `frozen' MIB files to
speedup
the loading process. They should end up in different directories for
different platforms. Perhaps something is going wrong here.)

Juergen
--
Juergen Schoenwaelder schoenw@ibr.cs.tu-bs.de
http://www.cs.tu-bs.de/~schoenw