RE: [tkined] problem running Tkined's SNMP Tree application

Khoi Nguyen (Khoi.Nguyen@mail.sprint.com)
Wed, 7 Apr 1999 16:45:54 -0500

--openmail-part-0e242ad7-00000001

Erik,
Thanks for your thoughts. I tried to do as you suggested. It did not
help either.
I decided to install tcl8.0 and tk8.0 as Doug suggested,
and got different problem, but similar, when running either
scotty or tkined. The error was followed:

'initialization failed: no initialization file: tried
/usr/local/lib/tnm2.1.9:/usr/local/lib/tkined1.4.9/library/init.tcl,
init.tcl, and ../library/init.tcl'

I later found out that somehow my TCL_LIBRARY AND TNM_LIBRARY env
variables
were set incorrectly in my .cshrc as followed:

TNM_LIBRARY=/usr/local/lib/tnm2.1.9:/usr/local/lib/tkined1.4.9
TCL_LIBRARY=/usr/local/lib:/usr/local/lib/tcl7.6

I reset them to the following values, and YAHOO, the thing works!
Here are what I changed to:

TNM_LIBRARY=/usr/local/lib/tnm2.1.9 (somehow, scotty gets confused the
the ':')
TCL_LIBRARY=/usr/local/lib:/usr/local/lib/tcl8.0 (since I am using 8.0)

Anyway, just wanted to share my problem and resolution, in hope of
helping
those who will have the same problems. Thanks all for your suggestions
and help!

Have a great day!

Khoi Nguyen
Network Design Engineer