Re: [tkined] unable to load mib file rfc1443.mib and rfc1573.mib

Juergen Schoenwaelder (schoenw@ibr.cs.tu-bs.de)
Tue, 6 Apr 1999 13:17:56 +0200

Qiu> I use rfc1903.tc instead of rfc1443.mib, it works on host1 which
Qiu> scotty2.1.10 was installed. But it does not work on host2 that
Qiu> is on the same network of host1 and does not have scotty2.1.10
Qiu> installed (Our network is NIS+ mounted system).

[snip]

Qiu> It seems that we access the same scotty and same mib files, it
Qiu> should work the same. Any clue?

This indeed sounds strange. I am using scotty over an NFS mounted file
system all the time. You may want to use a system call tracer like
`strace' in order to check that they are really trying to load the
same files. (Note, the Tnm library saves `frozen' MIB files to speedup
the loading process. They should end up in different directories for
different platforms. Perhaps something is going wrong here.)

Juergen

--
Juergen Schoenwaelder  schoenw@ibr.cs.tu-bs.de http://www.cs.tu-bs.de/~schoenw
Technical University Braunschweig, Dept. Operating Systems & Computer Networks