Re: [tkined] Compiling Scotty for static libs?

Robert Seeger (rseeger@nortelnetworks.com)
Thu, 01 Apr 1999 10:15:21 -0500

Doug,

Thank you for the quick response. However, this does not seem to be the
case. I did not compile Tcl with the --enable-shared flag. In fact, Scotty
is the only extension that won't compile statically. If you have any other
ideas, I'd be happy to hear them.

Thanks again,
Rob Seeger

At 07:57 AM 4/1/99 -0600, Doug Hughes wrote:

>If you configure tcl/tk and then scotty without the --enable-shared
>flag. It should make the libraries for you. Then you'll have to manually
>update the TkAppInit.c for your app to load in the scotty extension.
>

>--
>Doug Hughes Engineering Network Services
>System/Net Admin Auburn University
> doug@eng.auburn.edu

Robert Seeger
Network Engineer