Re: [tkined] Woes with PhysAddr and set-request in scotty 3.0.0 beta

Peder Chr. Norgaard (pcn@tbit.dk)
Sat, 13 Mar 1999 12:33:56 +0100 (MET)

On Fri, 12 Mar 1999, Juergen Schoenwaelder wrote:

> Peder> I cannot figure out how to specify the MAC address in the
> Peder> scotty end.
>

> PhysAddress is a textual convention defined in SNMPv2-TC (RFC 1903).
> The textual convention has a display-hint clause and scotty tries to
> apply this clause. Scotty version 3.0.0 obviously has a bug here
> (which does not exist in 2.1.X). Below is patch that should fix this
> problem.

The patch helped immediately. Thank you very much.

best regards
--peder chr.

Peder Chr. Nørgaard System Developer, M. Sc.
Telebit Communications A/S tel: +45 86 28 81 77 - 49
Fabrikvej 11 fax: +45 86 28 81 86
DK-8260 Viby J Denmark e-mail: pcn@tbit.dk