Re: [tkined] Multiple Scotty agents with different IP

Markus Buchhorn (markus@acsys.anu.edu.au)
Wed, 24 Feb 1999 13:18:43 +1100

>Is it possible to set up multiple agents on a UNIX machine,
>and give each a seperate IP Address.
>
>At the moment I can set up multiple agent but they all have
>the IP Address of the machine I am running scotty on.

You can create 'alias'ed interfaces on your machine, each with its own IP
address. Doing this varies with OS so check out the ipconfig man page.

Once you have the various interfaces I think you should be able to bind
different agents to each appropriate interface.... ?

Cheers,
Markus

Markus Buchhorn, Advanced Computational Systems CRC | Ph: +61 2 62798810
email: markus@acsys.anu.edu.au, snail: ACSys, RSISE Bldg,|Fax: +61 2 62798602
Australian National University, Canberra 0200, Australia |Mobile: 0417 281429